today i am thankful for many things.
well, im thankful for many things every day.
but today there are a few in particular.
and since I am very fond of pictures, I am going to share via pictures. enjoy. (:
1. Pampering/huggied (inside joke). Usually I have my hair done by bff Zach because he is fabulous at hair. And fabulous at having a great friendship. Thankful for this man’s friendship! (insert pic of bff Zach)
Today however I had a lovely visit at La Pomponnee Salon and Spa. I had a wonderful haircut done by Tami and my make-up done by Leslie. It was a beautiful experience. Having a disability, it feels SO good to go to a place where they treat you like anyone else, treat you normal. Thankful for this experience!! (insert pic of salon trip)
(photo courtesy of La Pomponnee…the “magic wand” of hair and make-up.)
2. Engagements. A good friend Erin got engaged today to her boyfriend Ali she met while studying in Egypt. She followed the path of my bff Kate who fell in love with Diego while studying in Argentina. Thankful for dear friendships despite the distances and engagements!! (insert pic of Erin and Ali and Erin, Kate and I).
3. Engagement pictures. Another wonderful friend Krista is engaged to a lovely man and I just love this beautiful shot of the engaged couple. Thankful for examples of true love! (insert engagement picture)
4. New products. At La Pomponnee the lip color they sampled on me I fell in love with immediately. Aveda - Wild Fuchsia. Thankful for make-up and beauty products! (insert silly photo showcasing product)
5. Cards from grandma. Grandma sent this adorable card today; its me and sputnik. (: So thankful for the support my grandma provides!! (insert adorable card)
6. Old school politics. With the RNC continuous coverage, I was reminded of a memory from a friend. During my political days I worked for CPAC. While preparing for the event, Mitt Romney did a quick stop to just say “hey”, “keep up the good work” and a few other funny quotes that we will not mention. I believe this was also the event where I, encouraged under false pretenses by drudge report, was caught on tape during an interview saying I’d vote for Mitt Romney just because his sons are cute (which they are). Thankful for these old memories and good laughs. (insert candid Mitt Romney)
7. Fashion and a good day. I will update at some point where I stand with regards to having multiple sclerosis and being “sick”. But today was a good day. I wore a really fun one piece pant jumpsuit that made me happy. It reminded me of how much I loved/love fashion. Which reminded me of my favorite fashion icon, Coco Chanel. Which reminded me of my favorite quote of hers:
In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different. - Coco Chanel
(insert happy, irreplaceable picture)
8. The steelers just won. Pre-season or not. Enough said.
Love, goodnight, peace and good luck!!! Eliz
PS: just as a side note, I am starting to design a real blog. Any input / suggestions / help / thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!