Happy New Year Sparklers!!!
Some people believe its better to not look in the rear-view mirror, for various (and sometimes right) reasons. However, I always find it beneficial at the end of each year to make a list of things learned in the past year.
Some things could have been learned from trying a new experience, from screwing up, from losing something, from gaining something.
Regardless, lessons learned in life are the most valuable because they eventually make up who you are as a person.
So here is my short(er) list of what I learned in the year 2012:
1. I have a VERY active immune system. I also have a disabled nervous system. Which concludes as: my over active immune system is eating away at my nervous system which means I have Multiple Sclerosis. #coolright?
2. If people are going to stare, make it worth their while. Smile, wink and fling the hair. Or just stare back. Either works (or freaks them out).
3. I really really really love sparkle; and the color pink. And Michael Kors.
4. My family loves no matter what and is there at the exact time when you need the support. They are also very good at laughing.
5. I really love dressing up my puppies. (I dont think this is new thing, just a realization).
6. One can live without Diet Dr. Pepper. Or soda in general for that matter.
7. My true friends treat me just the same, no matter how I’ve changed. They’re also a little crazy and I love them for it.
8. Some people who I would have expected to be there for me in my hardest times werent. Some people are just selfish. #honest
9. I really, really love goldfish. No, like really. Dont touch my goldfish.
10. Its may not be normal to request a super high maintenance Starbucks drink; but it sure is ok to do so.
11. Having a mini-fridge in your bedroom can be very beneficial (hello midnight juice boxes).
12. MS doesnt define who you are; it might define how you go about your day, but you still have the power to remain/define who you are.
13. I am really good at selling things on eBay.
14. My true hair color is really dark.
15. Pitch perfect was a really funny movie. Acca-funny. Acca-highly-suggest-it.
16. Organization is the key to success, not only in the work place, but in every aspect of your life.
17. Hand sanitizer can really be a life saver.
18. I have a One Direction and Taylor Swift song favorite(s). #hiI’m16
19. Blogging/writing is an excellent therapeutic tool.
20. Every single person is beautiful, no matter where they are in life, no matter what the mirror says. (And you better believe that and learn it too!!!)
21. Its better to be nice to people, strangers, than mean.
22. I really really despise stinkbugs.
23. After watching this past season of The Voice, I have to say, it’s the better show. #donthatemeryansecrest
24. The Steelers had a rough year; but we had to let someone else try to catch up. #sixrings
25. God is my best friend. And it truly is by His support that I have the ability to get up each day and live.
26. Stop and smell the roses. Walk barefoot. Take a long lunch. Actually do something from your pinterest page. Dont let your life live you; live your life.
27. Seeing Titanic again in theaters was a dream come true; it still is and will forever remain my favorite movie.
28. If you are nice to the nurses in the hospital, they will let you get away with things you arent suppose to. (Examples: having a fan, sleeping in your own pj’s, telling your roommate to settle down and sleep so you can have a good night.)
29. You fall into love. You choose to stay in love. It isnt always pretty. But love is real. And sometimes, we put too much thought into it. Analyzing it. Predicting it. At the end of the day, life is short. Be with the ones you love and choose to love them daily. The choice is really yours.
30. I am surrounded by sparkled support!!!! I started this blog back in June while in the hospital as a tool to efficiently and effectively communicate my updates. What it has turned into is a support tool, a stress-relief tool, a writing therapeutic tool.
I installed Google Analytics on The Sparkled Life June 29th, 2012. Since then, I have had close to 9,000 visitors with 28,000 page views. That’s crazy!! And I’m SO thankful!
I could go on with lessons learned, as it was a very eventful year. But I will end with 30. Because 30 is thanks to YOU. And I truly mean it, thank you. Without your support, I really dont know where I’d be.
Probably still on lesson #1, trying to figure out how to get out of bed daily. Instead, I do get out of bed (if at least for most of the day :D), with SPARKLE. And thats because of you.
You are loved!!!! Here’s to 2013!!!